Date Open: Throughout 2016
Date Closed: Until filled
Bilingual students (Mandarin, Korean, Tagalog) are encouraged to apply!
The LA18 Marketing & Production Intern will maintain and develop LA18’s social media accounts — including YouTube, Facebook, Weibo & Twitter — as well as provide general online media and production support. The intern will work closely with the marketing department, as well as LA18 producers, show hosts and reporters while working on online media-related projects. The intern will work to broaden LA18’s social media presence by managing the flow of information about LA18’s programs and involvement in community with the goal to expand our reach.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the friendly voice of the LA18 community
- Manage day-to-day execution of LA18’s social media accounts
- Feature and promote LA18’s programming, guests, and other key content to inform the LA18 audience
- Utilize relevant content from external sites to share with the LA18 community
- Oversee comments and manage potential conflicts when they arise
- Assist show production – researching, contacting sources, and writing
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual a plus (Mandarin, Korean, Tagalog preferred) but English is mandatory
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to write for the social web
- Excellent sense of content appropriateness for channels & audiences
- Ability to generate ideas and work with minimal guidance
- Excellent eye for detail and great instincts for what is trending in the Asian American media and community
- Candidates should possess a foundation of demonstrated familiarity with social networking
Internships may not exceed one academic quarter or semester. A minimum of 15 hours per week is required. Normal office hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, including links to social media accounts you maintain personally to demonstrate interest and knowledge.
The internship is unpaid. Student must receive course credit for the internship and must produce proof of such credit.
Submit resume to:
LA18 KSCI-TV (Human Resources Department)
1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax: (310) 479-8118
LA18 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to LA18 Jobs »