Date Open: 01/2016
Date Closed: Until filled
LA18 is the premiere Asian language TV station in the United States broadcasting throughout Southern California. The employment opportunity available in its production department does not require knowledge of any Asian language. The Studio Technician will be a member of the studio production team and will report to the Studio Manager. They will be responsible for operating a variety of studio production equipment and support a variety of live and taped television and commercial productions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate various studio equipment including but not limited to: studio camera, tape machines, playback server, Deko graphics, studio switcher, audio board, teleprompter and Adobe Photoshop, etc., at the direction of the Studio Manager.
- Prepare microphones for use by studio talent and guests. Patch all audio connections and reconfigure audio board and system for each show as needed.
- Prepare and check graphics before air.
- Prepare sets for studio productions. Includes adding/removing sets pieces, props and backdrops.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working in live and taped studio productions.
- Basic skills in Chyron and Deko graphics, Edius, Adobe CS 6 Production Suite software, ENPS News rundown system and other broadcast technical equipment required.
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects preferred but not required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to communicate with crew members in an efficient, clear, and courteous manner.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to follow Technical Directors direction on headset.
Education & Experience:
Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years related TV experience with an emphasis on live and/or taped studio production experience. Experience operating field and studio camera required.
Hours may vary. The studio operates Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm, and sometimes on the weekends.
Submit resume to:
LA18 KSCI-TV (Human Resources Department)
1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax: (310) 479-8118
LA18 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to LA18 Jobs »