Date Open: 03/23/2015
Date Closed: Until filled
LA18 is the premiere Asian-language TV station in the U.S., broadcasting throughout Southern California. The employment opportunity available in its production department does not require knowledge of any Asian language. The Studio Manager will be a member of the studio production team and will report to the Director of Production. They will be responsible for managing a studio production team, scheduling a variety of live and live to tape television and commercial productions and operating a variety of studio production equipment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating studio productions and crew for a variety of television productions.
- Operate various studio equipment including but not limited to: studio camera, tape machines, playback server, Deko graphics, production switcher, audio board, studio lighting and teleprompter.
- Help develop and maintain production standards for all studio productions.
- Works to establish new processes, procedures and methods that improve production systems and outcomes.
- Train, mentor and recruit studio technical talent.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a production leadership role in a TV or Digital production setting or facility.
- Needs to work well under the pressure of a live broadcast. Should have a strong fundamental understanding of video and audio production equipment and capabilities.
- Expert in operating Chyron and Deko graphics, studio lighting & controls and other broadcast technical equipment required.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Strong organizational skills and a desire to improve workflow.
- Must be an effective leader and be able to motivate people.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Film/Television Production or related field required. Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects. Prior experience with live news production a plus.
Submit resume to:
LA18 KSCI-TV (Human Resources Department)
1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax: (310) 479-8118
LA18 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to LA18 Jobs »