Date Open: 10/31/2016
Date Closed: Until filled
LA18 KSCI-TV is the largest Asian language TV station in the United States and has an opening for a part-time Receptionist & Accounting Clerk. The Receptionist/AP Clerk is responsible for presenting a friendly, professional appearance to guests and callers, answering incoming calls, as well as handling incoming and outgoing packages, deliveries, and mail. Accounting duties will include generating and mailing weekly invoices to advertisers, entering vendor invoices in accounting software, and other accounting tasks.
Must be able to speak clear English. Ability to speak Mandarin or Korean is a plus.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones at front reception desk and greet incoming guests.
- Sort/distribute mail and packages. Ensure accurate records for incoming and outgoing deliveries and packages.
- Distribute/send faxes.
- Maintain logs of who is in/out of the office.
- Update phone lists and other basic lists for company.
- Log incoming check receipts into an excel spreadsheet.
- Scan invoices with checks, and file them once they have been processed. Maintain vendor contact data.
- Weekly/monthly invoices to be filled out and mailed to advertisers.
- Log and distribute parking validations.
- Assist traffic dept. with data entry and scanning.
- Maintain and organize electronic vendor files.
- Receive calls and emails from viewers and transfer to the relevant person.
- Upload scheduling data to listing agencies.
- Assist with FCC filings.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to speak English clearly and have good telephone manners.
- Ability to speak Mandarin or Korean is a plus.
- A year of basic accounting courses is a plus.
- Must present a professional appearance and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to be prompt and have good attendance is essential.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is mandatory. We will teach you how to use Wide Orbit and QuickBooks.
This position is part time, up to 24 hours per week and reports to the Controller. Schedule is flexible.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
LA18 KSCI-TV (Human Resources Department)
1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax: (310) 479-8118
LA18 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to LA18 Jobs »