Date Open: 12/01/2016
Date Closed: Until filled
LA18 KSCI-TV is the largest Asian language TV station in the United States and has an opening for a Mandarin News Reporter. The Mandarin News Reporter I is responsible for translating and writing news stories; scheduling and conducting field interviews; editing, voicing-over and producing reports for air.
Must be able to speak clear English. Ability to speak Mandarin or Korean is a plus.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the News Director/Executive Producer, selects news stories from English wire copies to translate, write, edit and record voice-overs. Submits them according to company standards and deadlines.
- Produces spot-news or feature reports from field shoots and/or news feeds. Includes scheduling and conducting interviews, editing and voicing the final report.
- Researches topics and interviewees. Prepares a list of questions and points of discussion for guest interviews.
- Submits final stories/reports to News Director/Executive Producer for review and possible revision by deadline.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Native Mandarin and fluency in English required, as well as accurate and speedy translation skills.
- Ability to accurately and quickly type in Chinese.
- Ability to edit using non-linear editing systems.
- Ability to present a professional on-air appearance, including good articulation and correct pronunciation in Mandarin.
- Knowledge of local Chinese community and issues preferred.
- Ability to represent the station and attend various community events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation.
Education & Experience:
A college four-year B.A. Degree with a major in related field of study is required. Two years in writing/translating/reporting broadcast news in Mandarin preferred.
Working hours will vary on a Monday through Friday schedule, but should not exceed 30 hours per week under normal working conditions. Normal hours are between 11:00 AM and 7:30 PM Monday-Friday, occasionally weekends.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax: (310) 479-8118
NRJ TV LA OPCO, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the application process which includes a pre-employment drug test, an acceptable DMV record and an acceptable background check.
Back to LA18 Jobs »