Date Open: 03/08/2016
Date Closed: Until filled
LA18 is the premiere Asian language TV station in the United States broadcasting throughout Southern California. The employment opportunity available in its production department does not require knowledge of any Asian language. The Technical Director will be a member of the studio production team and will report to the Studio Manager. They will be responsible for a variety of live and taped television and commercial productions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate Grass Valley Switcher, Ross Switcher and various studio equipment including but not limited to: tape machines, playback server, Deko graphics, etc.
- Prepare and check graphics before air.
- Prepare sets for studio productions, including adding/removing set pieces, props, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and show preparation as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working in live and live-to-tape studio productions.
- Experience in operating Grass Valley switcher, Ross Switcher, Chyron and Deko graphics. Experience with ENPS News rundown system a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, move bulky set pieces.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
Education & Experience:
Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years related TV experience with an emphasis on live and/or taped studio production experience. Experience in studio production required.
Hours may vary. The studio operates Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and sometimes on the weekends.
Submit resume to:
LA18 KSCI-TV (Human Resources Department)
1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax: (310) 479-8118
LA18 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to LA18 Jobs »