Date Open: 07/28/2016
Date Closed: Until filled
Work Location: 6494 Weathers Place, San Diego, CA 92121
The Digital Desk News Reporter / Writer (Korean) is responsible for working in the LA18 San Diego office, translating and writing news stories for KSCI-TV LA18 broadcast and posting on online properties.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Edit and write detailed text posts to video posts from previous night’s newscast both in Korean and English to increase their SEO values.
- Under the direction of the News Director, select news stories from English wire copies, news feeds, and various news websites to translate and/or write short news stories appropriate per company standards for online and on-air midday updates.
- Conduct phone/webcam interviews when necessary and incorporate them into stories.
- Submit final stories/reports to News Director for review by deadline. Upon approval, upload stories to online properties.
- Maintain these online sites.
- Generate midday headline updates and teasers for evening newscast headlines for on-air billboards.
- As needed, record voiceover and edit videos for news stories and billboards.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Native Korean and English fluency required, as well as speedy/accurate translation skills.
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to write for broadcast news and social media.
- Ability to accurately and quickly type in Korean.
- Ability to edit using non-linear editing systems, such as Grass Valley Edius.
- Knowledge of local Korean community and issues strongly preferred.
- Eye for detail and reliable sense of content appropriateness.
- Ability to generate ideas and work with minimal guidance.
- Great instincts for what is trending in the Korean American media and community.
- Candidates should possess a foundation of demonstrated familiarity with social networking.
Education & Experience:
- B.A. Degree or higher in related field is required.
- A minimum of two years experience in writing/translating/reporting news in Korean preferred.
Work schedule varies. 30 hours/week. Normal hours are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on weekdays.
Submit resume to:
LA18 KSCI-TV (Human Resources Department)
1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax: (310) 479-8118
LA18 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to LA18 Jobs »