Generation Now’s Cindy J. Lee and Kat Iniba head to Emporium Thai in Westwood to check out the Dine LA menu! In this clip, the two join owner John Sungkamee to try the lunch menu, which includes Thai chicken dumplings, Southern Thai curry, Pad Prik King and more!
About Emporium Thai (courtesy: EThaiCuisine.com):
Emporium Thai Cuisine has been voted one of the 100 best Thai Restaurants in the US. Family-owned and operated, we have shared the wonderful flavors of authentic Thai food with our customers since 2000. We can’t help it: Cooking is in our genes.
Supis Sungkamee, our 88 year-old mom, bore 12 children in Southern Thailand and instilled in us a passion for authentic Thai cooking. In 1990, she won a lottery for a U.S. green card which allowed our family to become US immigrants and eventually US citizens. We are blessed and grateful to be able to share our family’s recipes. Emporium Thai has become a favorite destination for those who appreciate fine Thai cuisine. Mom is so proud!
Our Executive Chef, Gina Sungkamee, is passionate about cooking. She studied for four years at Bangkok’s most prestigious culinary school. She specializes in the cuisines of all regions of Thailand, particularly the cuisine of Southern Thailand, where our family grew up. It’s no surprise, then, that our food has been recognized for its excellence. Our many awards include:
- L.A City Guide: Most Favorite Thai Restaurant 2015 – Los Angeles Travel Magazine
- L.A’s Best Thai Restaurant outside of Thai Town – Thrillist
- Westwood’s Unmissable Restaurant-The Hip Side of LA 2015 – The Culture Trip (theculturetrip.com)
- THE BEST THAI RESTAURNAT IN TOWN 2015 by AskAConcierge@AskAConciergeLA with Sarah Dandashy – One of The Leading Concierge in the World
- People Love Us on Yelp’s Award 2015 – Yelp
- U.S.A First Thai restaurant to partner with uberEATS, delivers via uber_LA – uberEATS
Just like Mom and Dad did back in Thailand, Emporium Thai Cuisine uses only the finest ingredients bought locally. Our mission is simple “To create such a memorably wonderful Thai dining experience that you’ll want to return to Emporium Thai often, and rave about us to your friends”.